The creepy crawlies have always been a topic of interest to mankind since the ancient times. However, with the increased aversion to these majestic creatures over time, humans have found them to be hindrances at large.
They have termed insects as pests and use pesticides and chemical components to kill these children of Mother Nature. Many species are even going extinct.
Insects have their own roles to play in the environment and they too deserve the earth as much as us humans. So we have to do our best to conserve them.
Here are a few of the rarest insects you could ever come across
1. Giant Long-Legged Katydid (Malaysia)
3. Antlion (Worldwide)
4. Scorpion Fly (Worldwide)
5. Maggot of a Bluebottle Fly (Worldwide)
6. Goliath Beetle (Botswana, Namibia and South Africa)
7. Titan Beetle (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, the Guianas, and north-central Brazil)
8. European Earwig (Europe)
9. Elephant Beetle (Caribbean and the continent of South America)
10. Thorn Bug (Southern Florida)
12. Brahmin Moth Caterpillar (Bhutan)
13. White Ermine (Eurasia)
14. Silkworm Caterpillar (China, Korea, Japan, India, Russia)
16. Devil’s Flower Mantis (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Somalia, Tanzania, and Uganda)
17. Brazilian Treehopper (Brazil)
Creepy enough for you? The Brazilian Treehopper sure looks scary.
Feel we have left anything out? Write to us or comment below.