Prime Minister Narendra Modi has officially announced that the government the ₹500 and ₹1,000 currency notes will no longer be considered as the legal tenders from November 9.
This surprising move has been made to curb the rising cases of black money, corruption and counterfeit currency notes in India.
The government has announced that ₹500 and ₹1,000 currency notes can be deposited in banks between November 10 and December 30. Banks will be exchanging these notes up to Rs.4000 till November 24.
After December 30, only the Reserve Bank of India will be accepting these notes along with a written declaration.
While many people are worried, others have decided to focus on the funny side, with the internet bursting with many memes on the subject.
So check out some of these memes below
10. Only 90’s Kids will Remeber This
2. Indians more worried about their own notes than American votes
3. Who is rich now?
4. Feed the Notes to the Goats
5. Burn em’ all
6. ATM queues bigger than usual
7. If you remember this your childhood was awesome indeed
8. Mallya wants to pay his debts
9. Peanuts Anyone?
10. Bank Notes on Sale
For any feedback, feel free to post below in the ‘Comments’ section. Hope you enjoyed the article!