Different people have different hobbies. Some love to collect antiques, while other like to collect different currencies.
There are also some people who like to collect pens. So if you are into pens (not the regular ones), here are the ten most expensive pens in the world.
1. Aurora Diamante fountain pen: The Aurora Diamante pen (a fountain pen) is embedded with over 30 carats of diamonds on its body. It is currently the most expensive pen in existence. Price: $1,470,600.
2. Mystery Masterpiece Mont Blanc and Van Cleef & Arpels Limited Edition: It is the second most expensive pen in the world. Three different editions, each decorated with either rubies (as pictured below), sapphires or emeralds are available. Price: $730,000.
3. La Modernista Diamonds Caran dAche: This is the third costliest pen in the world. The whole surface of the pen (from cover to body) is embedded with diamonds weighing approximately 20 carats. The top of the cap is also embedded with 96 rubies totalling 32 carats. Price: $265,000
4. Omas Phoenix Platinum Fountain Pen Luxury Limited Edition with Diamonds: Although this pen is not as expensive compared to the top three in the list, the Omas Phoenix Platinum Fountain Pen Luxury Limited Edition is still a work of art. Boasting an 18 carat gold rhodiated engraving nib set in a platinum and yellow enamel, this pen is a true embodiment of elegance and luxury. Price: $60,000.
5. Visconti Ripple H.R.H. Fountain Pen:
Comprising of a two-tone 18 carat gold nib set in an 18 carat white gold body decorated with diamonds, the Visconti Ripple H.R.H. Fountain Pen is the fifth most expensive writing instrument in the world. The pen, which is available in white gold and black, also boasts a double reservoir filling system. Price: $57,000.
6. Visconti Alchemy H.R.H. Fountain Pens: The Visconti Alchemy H.R.H. Fountain Pens is different from other pens as it has two nibs and two ink reservoirs made up of two different metals – gold and silver vermeil. Both nibs, which come in various sizes, are caste from gold weighing 18 carat. Price: $ 57,000
7. Visconti The Forbidden City H.R.H. Fountain Pen: Another design by Visconti, the Forbidden City H.R.H. Limited Edition Fountain Pen contains 18 carat gold and diamonds set in black resin. The pen also boasts an innovative filling system for a smoother performance. Price: $ 50,000.
8. MARTE- Omas Fountain Pen: This pen is actually a miniature map of the planet mars, with its body containing all the geographic landmarks of the red planet. Furthermore, the four rubies embedded in the pen is a marker highlighting the landing spots of American and Russian space shuttles. The two opposite ends of the pen is encrusted with 2 carats of small diamonds to replicate the two polar ice caps on Mars. So, if you fond of expensive pens and Mars, this is the perfect pen for you. Price: $43,000.
9. Gaia High Luxury Omas Fountain Pens:
While the MARTE- Omas Fountain Pen is a miniature map of Mars, the Gaia High Luxury Omas Pen is a representation of Earth. Inspired by the futuristic vision of the world in Jules Vernes’ novels, this pen depicts geographical wonders of the planet. The dark grey body of the pen is a symbolism for the center of the earth, which the gold depicts the exterior. The body of the pen is also engraved with a lot of imagery from Verne’s novels including gigantic spiders, carnivorous plants, and water beasts. Price: $43,000.
10. CREW 60TH White Gold Tebaldi fountain pens:
This pen has been made by Italian luxury designer pen maker, Tebaldi in collaboration with automobile giants Bentley. Containing two-tone 18 carat yellow gold nib set in rhodium and ruthenium body, these pens barrel have a similar finish to the Bentley’s dashboard. Price: $43,000.
Which one do you want to buy? leave a comment.